Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Quick List of Some Great Ways to Use the Macy's Beauty Discount (Free Shipping)


For the savvy beauty bargain shopper, we may look at a 10% off sale and think, "Meh." But applied to the right thing, you can get some fantastic savings. And even better with free shipping, right?

So today I'd like to give you some quick ideas for how to utilize the current 10% off Macy's beauty discount to maximize your savings. Also, I want to give readers JENN and Aks a shout-out for the heads-up about this sale and the MAC tip!

THE DEAL:
  • Now through 5/7 on the Macy's website, use code FRIEND to receive 10% off all beauty purchases. This applies to all regularly-priced, sale and clearance cosmetics & fragrances (except Chanel). Free shipping on all beauty orders at Macy's. 

IDEAS:
  • Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow Pans - $7 each before discount
  • I recently mentioned how much I love the Inglot eyeshadow pans, but I think it's worth mentioning again since this brand is available at Macy's (view all products here) and NOT at Ulta, Sephora, etc. You can view my review from back in 2012 here (I reviewed a few matte and pearl finish shadows) but let me just say that for $7 each, I think they're fantastic and worth much more than $7 each. So the fact that you can get them for $6.30 + free shipping is great. These pans are nice and big (they're 2.7 g which converts to 0.09 oz, and that's the size of a Laura Mercier eyeshadow single) and, over primer, all of the shades I own are richly pigmented, easy to apply, and easy to blend. In fact, the pearl shades I own are fantastic without primer (there's little difference in intensity with or without primer). But I really can't stress enough how much I love those mattes. PS: I haven't tried their empty palettes but with the code, they're quite affordable as well. See all Inglot products here

  • MAC Mother's Day Lip Kits - $39 each before discount
  • These kits have a value of $88. With the code, that brings them down from $39 to $35.55. So that's $8.89 per item, and these are all full-size items. That's pretty much drugstore prices.


  • Tarte Magic Wands Set - $39 before discount
  • If you've been wanting this set, I just want to mention that while the discount isn't huge ($35.10 down from $39), this set was excluded from the last sale on the Tarte site. So at least you're saving something (plus free shipping). 

  • Tarte Deluxe Bronzer & Highlighter Set - $16 before discount
  • If you missed out on getting this set during the Sephora VIB sale, you can get it now for $14.40 after discount. I was on the fence about buying this during the Sephora sale, so I'm glad that I can now extend my "Should I??" dance a bit longer! 

  • Smashbox Photo Matte Eyeshadow Palettes - $29 each before discount
  • The retail price of these palettes is $49. So with the code, that brings them down from $29 to $26.10. That is a better price than when these were part of the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty event (they were $29 during that event).

  • NYX Cosmetics - prices vary
  • Don't forget that Macy's carries NYX, including value sets that are already priced better than full retail (before the extra 10% off).

  • Current Gifts-with-Purchase - qualifying purchase prices vary
  • It's always nice to get a discount and some GWPs, right? So take a look at what's available now and don't forget that Mother's Day is right around the corner. 

  • Makeup, Skincare and Fragrance Value Sets - prices vary
  • I highly, highly, highly recommend that you click that link and take some time to check out all 14 pages of value sets on the Macy's site (Stila, Benefit, Laura Mercier, PTR, bareMinerals, Origins, etc.). Value sets are already a great deal but adding the extra 10% off plus free shipping makes them better. And again, Mother's Day is right around the corner.

  • Lastly, I suggest scanning all beauty brands at Macy's HERE, for other brands that you may not find at other retailers. With the 10% off and free shipping, you may find some deals that you can't get elsewhere. 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. You ALSO get free shipping on anything else you might add to your cart so that's a big savings right there! I needed to order a non-beauty item last week and I threw a beauty item in and saved myself the $8.95 s/h!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish you were less on top of things and less rational because my wallet hates me every time I come here LOL
    On the other hand, the makeup junkie and savvy saver inside of me thanks you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tarte magic wands brush set has sold out at sephora at least in my stores and online, plus theres 2 gifts with purchase with a tarte purchase of $65 or more and free ship

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's also a GWP for Tarte orders over $50. It is the deluxe Amazonian clay highlighter in Stunner and a 4 ml deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just noticed Nordies has 10% off some things - perhaps they're price matching Macys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know if you can use this code multiple times, or if it's a one time thing?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig